Northgate Foursquare Church, and if you want to understand the beauty of grace, the walk of grace, the outcomes of grace, you need to listen online, click the Grace series and watch the sermon videos. This walk through Romans that has me looking at Romans in a whole different way.
Grace is more than sufficient, grace is my sustenance, part of who I am. I give and freely receive grace daily. I understand the joy that comes from grace. I understand the restoration and healing that comes from grace. I pray for grace to wash over me, my family, my friends, those that I meet, for without grace I am nothing. I pray that through grace God allows things to shape me, that it allows me to grow in Him.
I know that grace is an incredible gift that we will never understand the completeness or the ends of grace, grace is like eternity, there is no end to God's grace. No matter how often I mess up and need to ask for grace or how often I see areas of my life that I need Him to give me grace, the cup is bottomless.
Our devotions are also in Romans and grace. Suppose maybe I needed a double dose of grace this week. Here is what our devotions said. Grace to keep going
- The Lord’s grace releases His supernatural power within us so we can endure life’s hardships with a godly attitude. In fact, we’ll even be able to rejoice in what He is doing in us through the adversity.
- Grace builds our confidence in the sovereign Lord. Nothing looks hopeless when we focus on Him instead of on our problems.
- We discover the assurance of God’s sustaining presence as He walks with us every step of the way.
- Because we’ve experienced His care for us, we are able to show empathy and love to others facing hard times.
- During fiery trials, grace works to transform our character so that others can see Jesus reflected in us.
So as the Christmas season fast approaches and we have more opportunity to share about Jesus, keep in mind, that sharing about grace is a great lead in. Grace set the captives free, it heals the broken hearted and it always strengthens and holds us up.
Today I am thankful for many things, but number 3...HIS sustaining presence as He walks with us. I told you, the cup is bottomless, endless, infinite, into the wild blue yonder, till kingdom come, forever and a day, it is measureless!
Now share the Christmas story, share the story of grace, the story of how He meets you just where you are and show empathy to others. To those that Christmas is not so easy for, not by making them some cookies but by listening to their story and not impressing the "have to" celebrate Christmas (to get in the spirit) and that to be happy you must have the festivities in full swing. BUT...by sharing the story of Christmas and the HOPE that a baby brought. No trees, no decorations, no baking, no fancy parties, just the simple act of saying I hear you, followed by a kind word, someone is calling out to you...are you listening.